A beginner’s ride or skills development session for those that are just getting into mountain bike riding and want to explore Nerang a little bit more and meet other riders of similar ability. These are no pressure, ride at your own pace outings for all abilities designed to introduce and expand your joy of mountain bike riding and explore local Gold Coast trails.
Beginner Social rides are generally held on the third weekend of the month and cover around 10 km of trails, with a little bit of climbing and descending involved. Alternatively Beginner Events may and often do incorporate Skills Development Sessions held by accredited MTBA Coaches to help you develop your core mountain bike skills even further.
To join us on these rides there are a few things you’ll need to have and be able to do:
- Have a serviceable bike capable of riding safely off road;
- Wear safety gear which must as a minimum include a helmet;
- Bring sufficient water for the ride;
- Bring photo ID and evidence of your MTBA Membership (trial memberships are available – and don’t forget to choose GCMTB as your club!); and
- Riders need to be older than 3 years of age and able to competently handle a bike.