GCMTB Club host a Family Social Ride once a month. Generally falling on the first weekend of each month riders of all ages and skill levels are welcome to join us for a no pressure mountain bike ride.
Rides take place in the Nerang Mountain bike park with riders being split into confidence building rides to help young riders become used to enjoying the trails and Skills Development Sessions to enhance the confidence and abilities of more capable young riders. Distances ridden are usually a few kilometers depending on the skill and fitness levels of the riders joining us on the day. We do require that parents accompany their children for the duration of the ride.
To join us on these rides there are a few things you’ll need to have and be able to do:
- Have a serviceable bike capable of riding safely off road;
- Wear safety gear which must as a minimum include a helmet;
- Bring sufficient water for the ride;
- Bring photo ID and evidence of your MTBA Membership (trial memberships are available – and don’t forget to choose GCMTB as your club!); and
- Riders need to be older than 3 years of age and able to competently handle a bike.