The GCMTB Club’s Intermediate Social Rides are for those riders that are looking for a bit more of a challenge and are interested in getting to know the less travelled trails in Nerang. Intermediate Social Rides are usually organised at short notice and are generally held on a weekend but at varying times so we recommend that you keep a close eye on the Events Page and Facebook Page if you’re interested in joining.
While the Intermediate Social Rides are a no drop ride, we usually aim to cover around 20km of trails which does usually involves several hundred meters of climbing and descending so we recommend a good level of fitness for these rides. For those looking for a shorter distance to ride with less climbing we recommend you join our Beginner Social Rides.
- Have a serviceable bike capable of riding reasonably challenging terrain;
- Wear safety gear which must as a minimum include a helmet. Gloves are also highly recommended;
- Bring sufficient water for the ride. At least 1.5 litres is highly recommended;
- Bring photo ID and evidence of your MTBA Membership (trial memberships are available – and don’t forget to choose GCMTB as your club!); and
- Riders need to be older than 3 years of age and able to competently handle a bike.