The GCMTB Club’s Intermediate and Advanced Social Rides are for those riders that are looking for a bit more of a challenge and are interested in getting to know the less travelled trails in Nerang or near the Gold Coast region. While we make every attempt to plan out rides well in advance, Intermediate and Advanced Social Rides can and often are usually organised at short notice and can occur during the working week or on the weekend, day or night. Times and locations do vary so we recommend that you keep a close eye on the Events Page and Facebook Page if you’re interested in joining.
While the Intermediate and Advanced Rides are Social Rides, we usually aim to cover around 20km+ of trails which does usually involves several hundred meters of climbing and descending so we recommend a good level of skill and fitness for these rides. For those looking for a shorter distance to ride with less climbing we recommend you join our Beginner Social Rides.
To join us on these rides there are a few things you’ll need to have and be able to do:
- Have a serviceable bike capable of riding reasonably challenging terrain;
- Spare parts to handle any breakages that might occur to get you back;
- Wear safety gear which must as a minimum include a helmet. Gloves are also highly recommended;
- Bring sufficient water for the ride. At least 1.5 litres is highly recommended;
- Bring photo ID and evidence of your MTBA Membership (trial memberships are available – and don’t forget to choose GCMTB as your club!); and
- Riders need to be older than 3 years of age and able to competently handle a bike.