January 23rd/24th, 2021.
With thanks to Auscycling and City Of Gold Coast, National Cup Tier 1 XCO racing is coming to Nerang.
Saturday 23rd January
8.00am | Registation
8.30am | Official Practice
2.00pm | Time Trial u15 – Masters
3.30pm | Race#1 u13, u11
4.00pm | Time Trial (cont.)
Sunday 24th January
7.00am | Registration
7.30am | Race#2 Men, u17, u15, Wave 2 Masters 5-8, Wave 3 Expert Men
8.50am | Race#3 All Women
9.00am | Presentations (u17 Men, u15 Men, Masters, Expert Men)
10.30am | Race#4 Elite Men, Junior Men, Masters Men 1-4, eBikes
12.00pm | Presentations
Time Trial Entry Link:
Race Entry Link:
Time Trial start times for categories to be announced once we get an indication of participant numbers.
Time trial results will be used to determine seeding for Sundays races.
Current plan is that a Start Wave will contain multiple categories as outlined below.
Saturday XCO Self-seeding:
Race #1 = 2 waves
• Wave 1 – U13
• Wave 2 – U11
Sunday XCO seeding:
Race #2 = 3 waves
• Wave 1 – U17 & U15 combined based on time trial
• Wave 2 – Men Masters (5-8) combined based on time trial
• Wave 3 – Expert Men
Race #3 = 1 wave depending on numbers
• All Women U15 – Masters combined based on time trial
Race #4 = 2 waves
• Wave 1 – Elite & U19 combined based on time trial
• Wave 2 – Masters (1-4) combined based on time trial
• Wave 3 – eBikes
People must stay at home if unwell or have a cough, fever, sore throat, fatigue or shortness of breath. If you choose not to attend we will offer a full refund.
Time Trial Update (21/01/2021)
* Each XCO race wave will be seeded based on time trial result. For example, if a race Wave contains u15 & u17, then seeding for XCO will be based on who is fastest across both categories. U15s may be on the front line!
* Time trial start order will follow a similar order to Sunday’s races starting with Race #2 Wave 1 competitors at 2pm and progress through to finish with Race #4 wave 3 -Ebikes.
* We will endeavour to provide approximate times for each category on Friday afternoon. Due to race entry issues and high numbers of on the day entries, individual start times will not be available until Saturday mid-morning.
* There will be some capacity for our distant travelers to complete time if they are arriving late but within the scheduled time trial period. However, Please advise GCMTB in advance.
When: 23rd/24th January 2020
Where: Nerang Cycle Centre
Hope Street, Nerang
u11, u13, u15, u17, u19, Elite, Expert, Masters 1/2, Masters 3/4, Masters 5/6, Masters 7/8
Mark it in your diaries and join us for a supportive fun event.